:::all things bright and beautiful:::


BNP Action Hero

Hooray! It's time for me to take out my dusty 'ol cape again and go make the world a better place. I'm gonna knock 'em down with my stare, make them understand and respect personal space through my forcefield, and make an impact on their consciousness by just being there! Yeah baby this blank noise thing sure is grooovy!

ok.. teeny bopper energy aside,

The day: Nov 12, Sunday
The place : India Coffee House, M.G. Road
The time : 4:30 pm
The agenda : weeeelll.. now we don't want the bad guys to know all our secret plans now do we?

bringing the teeny bopper energy down and increasing the adult tone of serious matters..

men who harass women on the streets need to know it's not so easy anymore and women who get harassed need to know it's not sth "normal" that they should treat with indifference and silence. General public needs to know sth is being done about the issue of harassment on the streets and that they can help too.

So are you gonna be there?

P.S. - And for those of my (i dunno what word to use here)________ readers who actually thought "err.. so are you like.. a feminist?", read the passage below:

Who we are, where we go, what we wear, how we sit, stand, talk, walk in our very own cities. When we demand the need to make our cities non threatening , I don't expect anyone to think of me as their sister or mother, but to really look at women as citizens who have every right to be out on the streets, without any explanation. Sometimes we just love to walk, stand around, hang around, without looking 'available.'

If you still think it means I am a feminist then go ____________ (choose your fav method, get creative now.. don't be shy) and rid this world of your useless existence.

P.P.S. - I'm talking about the term "feminist" as spoken by people as a derogatory term used for women who "hate" the male species. I don't think any gender should hate any other gender as a whole.

13 Responses to “BNP Action Hero”

  1. # Blogger mcx

    No comments on the feminist charge. i would have to be fervorously suicidal and enjoy a lot more than my occasional bout of S&M to even think about touching that topic with a 10 foot pole. (some portions of that sentence may be interpreted as lude but i hereby solemnly state it was not intended that way and the choice of vocabulary was merely meant to be expressive)ok but i do have a suggestion you could perhaps bring up at the meet. Pepper spray! its a shame it hasn't caught on yet but with a little push i am sure we could effectively spice things up a bit for the average lecher or the smiley uncle (god bless there souls) who suffer from an acute desire to be hand-on with everything. Just a thought though i must admit it is inspired by a sinful desire to see the resultant chaos from such an initiative .  

  2. # Blogger autogato

    You folks in the BNP KICK ASS. Really. You do. I SOOOOOOOOO admire you.

    I wish I could be there to participate with you. Go go go!  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Way to go Sou!  

  4. # Blogger fondfire

    I'm happy to call myself a feminist. That word is much maligned unjustly, I do believe.

    The BNP thing sounds cool. Despite what my blog-flirting with TQ might lead one to think, I'm really not the kind of guy to go around macking on every cute girl I see on the street. Or any cute girl I don't know, really. I might try to start a polite conversation about the weather.

    I think autogato can confirm all that. Good luck on an effective demonstration, getting some attention and changing some male behavior! :-)  

  5. # Blogger autogato

    Yeah, fondfire is such a daddy-mack. He's all about picking up the chickies. Just joking. No - he's being totally straight - he's generally well behaved and making polite conversation.  

  6. # Blogger sou

    @ mcx - good suggestion and i will bring it up at the meet.. but there is one thing though, the dynamics of being harassed on the street doesn't actually leave much room for its use. how can u use pepper spray on somebody who is causing you mental/emotional not physical harm? also the bad guys usually stike in extremely crowded places or situations when the victim herself is left wondering "was that just accidental?" :| the only place where it would realllly help i guess is in buses! So yeah, i sure will talk about it.

    @ autogato - oh i wish you could be with us too! damn.. maybe we should just start a team in your city.. we just might you know once we fig out how exactly our international supporters can help! :)

    @ fondfire - haha.. it's so cute that you did a spontaneous introspection thing by questioning yourself if you ever have said/acted in a way that could be mistaken. we all know and believe you are a sweet decent guy fondfire. :)  

  7. # Blogger sou

    @ jenny - oy! why don't you join us if you can/want to/if you are free?  

  8. # Blogger See Bee

    rock on girlfriend! i love ur post!
    n im gonna see u at the intervention

    ppl who continue to liken feminists to man haters are so antiquated! i gave up on them centuries ago

    yawn!

    blogflirting is a new concept..interesting...where does one 'draw the line' in blogflirting..hehe

    anyway...fondfire...no messing around...mama sou will beat u up otherwise ;)  

  9. # Blogger See Bee

    i twisted my leg on friday night....looks like i wont be able to make it for the intervention :(  

  10. # Blogger fondfire

    TQ, you know I'll be a gentleman, baby! ;-) Besides, sou can be very scary . . . She'll whip out a Vedic flying machine on my ass and it'll all be over . . . One way or another, you're safe, I'm sure . . .

    I'm glad to know I have sou fooled!!! ;-) (J/K, sou. And actually, "introspection" might just be my middle name.)  

  11. # Blogger sou

    @ tq - uh oh.. hope the leg is much better now. take care.

    @ fondfire - :)) yeah now I know what my "batmobile" is.. its a vedic flying machine!  

  12. # Blogger Subbu

    sexy post ! whats sth ?  

  13. # Blogger sou

    sth = something  

Post a Comment



© 2006 :::all things bright and beautiful::: | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health