:::all things bright and beautiful:::


Why I love Persona

Don't you think I understand? The hopeless dream of being. Not seeming, but being. Conscious at every moment. Vigilant.

At the same time the chasm between what you are to others and to yourself. The feeling of vertigo and the constant desire to at last be exposed. To be seen through, cut down, perhaps even annihilated. Every tone of voice a lie, every gesture a falsehood, every smile a grimace. Commit suicide? Oh, no. That's ugly. You don't do that.

But you can be immobile, you can fall silent. Then at least you don't lie. You can close yourself in, shut yourself off. Then you don't have to play roles, show any faces or make false gestures. You think...

But you see, reality is bloody-minded.

Your hideout isn't watertight. Life seeps in everything. You're forced to react. No one asks if it's real or unreal, if you're true or false.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How can anybody not love this movie? How can anybody not relate to these lines. These lines define my sense of reality so well that I'd probably not understand how somebody could not relate to these lines.

9 Responses to “Why I love Persona

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    remember reading the whole script of the movie the next day in office after i saw it. *sigh*.. such a fantastic movie that made me change my thought process about a lot of things..
    where are the people that write scripts like these? :(  

  2. # Blogger Miniscule-thoughts

    I thought it was pretty good. Another one to my 'must watch' list.  

  3. # Blogger autogato

    Sad to admit, I haven't even heard of this movie! I am so incredibly out of touch. But, I will try to be more in touch - I"m off to get a library card so I can check out some DVDs.  

  4. # Blogger mcx

    Thats another one of your recommends i am going to have to watch now. you do realize that i am being forced out of watching simple toilet humor? I am worried about the consequences of me watching movies that actually make you think. on a different note I recommend south park to anyone who is currently in a state of limbo and unsure what to watch.  

  5. # Blogger autogato

    I checked to see if this movie was available at my local library. Guess what - no. Hm. I might have to truck it on over to the video store.  

  6. # Blogger See Bee

    how dyu get these cool new templates? im going nuts trying to get a nice one  

  7. # Blogger mcx

    blog! miss the words.  

  8. # Blogger autogato

    Hey
    Still going at the yoga! Thank you for inspiring me!  

  9. # Blogger sou

    sorry, i've been lazy.

    theanalogkid - they are around (hopefully)

    jenny - yeah u must must watch it :)

    autogato - hope you had better luck at the video store.

    Good you are still doing yoga! I'm still not :( but I am doing my basic stretches.. that counts for something right?

    mcx - here you go.. a brand new post!

    tq - you need patience and luck. lemme hunt around and see if i can find a good one for you.  

Post a Comment



© 2006 :::all things bright and beautiful::: | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health