:::all things bright and beautiful:::


I wish I knew them..

Grandparents... I really wish every future generation knows as many generations before them as possible.

Think about it... your existence is a freaky coincidence if you consider the fact that somebody made a decision to marry somebody else ...beget an offspring who came together with another such a chosen one and brought you into this world! Sheesh.. wonder what probability would have to say about all our existences..

Just like I want to know and shape my future generations, I wish I knew my ancestors so I could appreciate them for the individuals they were.

Sadly all I know about my grandparents can be summarized in a few lines..

My (maternal) gramma - shy, extremely affectionate, never raised her voice even to discipline her kids, was very interested in politics and cricket :)

My (maternal) grampa - stylish, worked for the Maharaja of Mysore, knew french and visited france, very kind, happiest when left alone to tinker with his car, never raised his voice even to discipline his kids

My (paternal) grampa - always used to feed all his kids from his plate and ate after he was satisfied that his kids were fed well, extremely stubborn and dignified

My maternal gramma - very efficient and fast with all her house work

*sigh*

4 Responses to “I wish I knew them..”

  1. # Blogger See Bee

    wow
    i've never had the good luck to knwo what its like to have grandparents..most of them died before i was born :(
    the only grandparent i did get to spend time with was senile by the time i was three...and she died when I was five
    the one strong image that comes to my mind was how i would count two pills every evening from the bottle and keep it by her bedside.
    when i see my niece having so much fun with my mom, i really miss having grandparents!
    :((((((  

  2. # Blogger sou

    @ phreak - good for you.. may you live to be a 103 and play with your greatgrandkids they way your greatgrandpa played with u.

    @ trauma Q - hey.. I only know my (maternal) gramma.. never saw any of the others. She passed away when I was 9.  

  3. # Blogger autogato

    You bring up such a good point. When we step back and consider the universe for what it is, it seems strantge to think of all of the possibilities of who we could have been if things would have been even the slightest bit different. That is one of the beautiful things about chaos: despite its chaotic nature, there is some sense of order superimposed upon it. Even out of chaos it seems like we are working toward some type of purpose.

    You're incredbily insightful in this area.  

  4. # Blogger Subbu

    me grandma died after she couldn't handle the sex and reproduction activities post 14 kids. although it worked to the advantage of the grandad and this guy is still alive and kicking at 98.  

Post a Comment



© 2006 :::all things bright and beautiful::: | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health